Friday, December 18, 2015

Requiem Duets

KZ Tandingan and the Ghost

Wag ka nang umiyak
(Kay daling sabihin)
Sa mundong pabago-bago
(Sa mundong pagago-gago)
Pag-ibig ko ay totoo
(Sinungaling ka)

Ako ang iyong bangka
(Bangka na walang direksyon)
Kung magalit man ang alon ng panahon
(Wala nang panahon)
Sabay tayong aahon
(Pero sasama ka rin ba kung lulubog ako?)

Kung wala ka ng maintindihan
(At kung wala nang umiintindi sa akin)
Kung wala ka ng makapitan
(At kung wala nang kumakapit sa akin)
Kapit ka sa akin
(Patalim ka ba?)
Kapit ka sa akin
(O baka baril)
Hindi kita bibitawan
(O siguro ay lubid)

Wag ka nang umiyak
(Kay hirap tumigil)
Mahaba man ang araw
(At ang mga gabi)
Uuwi ka sa yakap ko
(Kung hindi ako umuwi?)

Wag mo nang damdamin
(Wala na akong damdamin)
Kung wala ako sa iyong tabi
(Nagsasawa na akong masanay)
Iiwan ko ang puso ko sa iyo
(At iiwan ko ang bangkay ko)

At kung pakiramdam mo
(Wala na akong pakiramdam)
Wala ka ng kakampi
(Bakit mo pa pinapamukha?)
Isipin mo ako dahil
(Sana iniisip mo rin ako)
Puso't isip ko'y nasa iyong tabi
(Alak, yosi, ang nasa aking tabi)

Hindi kita pababayaan
(Salamat na lang)
Hindi kita pababayaan
(Huli na ang lahat)
Kumapit ka
(At ako ay bumitaw na)

* * *

I. Sarah McLachlan and the Ghost

Spend all your time waiting
(Waiting does not kill, loneliness does)
For that second chance
(And some other chances)
For a break that would make it okay
(But always has not)

There's always some reason
(I wish I knew)
To feel not good enough
(And to feel worse)
And it's hard at the end of the day
(It is never easy)

I need some distraction
(And attention)
Oh beautiful release
(I am thinking about Aokigahara)

Memories seep from my veins
(Blood seep from my wrist)
They may be empty
(Not a maybe)
And weightless and maybe
(Memories are heavy)
I'll find some peace tonight
(If I find no one)

In the arms of the Angel
(The Angel of Death?)

Fly away from here
(Fly me to Aokigahara)
From this dark cold hotel room
(To the bridge or a balcony)
And the endlessness that you fear
(When many fear their end)

You are pulled from the wreckage
(And pushed through my peace)
Of your silent reverie
(Amid the noisy chaotic world)
You're in the arms of the Angel
(Later in the arms of them)
May you find some comfort here
(Where is here? Where is limbo?)

So tired of the straight line
(Tired of running)
And everywhere you turn
(When I turn there's no one at all)
There's vultures and thieves at your back
(Or sometimes there's no one at my back)

And the storm keeps on twisting
(While the sun keeps on hiding)
You keep on building the lies
(And lies build me)
That you make up for all that you lack
(And all that I have)

It don't make no difference
(For everyone is the same)
Escaping one last time
(At last)
It's easier to believe in this sweet madness
(It's harder to believe in bitter truth)
Oh this glorious sadness
(Oh glorious indeed)
That brings me to my knees
(That brings me to my grave)

You're in the arms of the Angel
(And now I am an angel myself)
May you find some comfort here
(I can them from here)

* * *

II. Sarah McLachlan and the Ghost

Sunday is gloomy,
(So is everyday)
My hours are slumberless,
(But still better to sleep than to stay awake alone)
Dearest the shadows
(Dearest, you are one)
I live with are numberless
(I live with no one)
Little white flowers
(And even the
Will never awaken you
(Yes they will never)

Not where the black coaches are
(Nowhere to be found they are)
Sorrow has taken you
(For they took me to it)
Angels have no thought
(They have no thought)
Of ever returning you
(Of ever remembering me)
Would they be angry
(Would they even miss me)
If I thought of joining you
(I will be the king, you the queen)
Gloomy Sunday.
(Gloomy everyday)

Gloomy is Sunday
(Gloomy is everyday)
With shadows I spend it all
(With tears I left them all)
My heart and I have
(If I still have the heart)
Decided to end it all
(A new beginning for us)

Soon there'll be candles
(Soon there'll be freedom
And prayers that are sad,
(And playing in clouds I am glad)
I know, let them not weep,
(I know, they will not weep)
Let them know
(They won't even care)
That I'm glad to go
(And I am glad for you)

Death is no dream,
(It is indeed a dream)
For in death I'm caressing you
(Can we make love in death)
With the last breath of my
(Can we breath in death?)
Soul I'll be blessing you
(Can life sprang from two dead?)
Gloomy Sunday
(Gloomy everyday)

Dreaming
(And never waking)
I was only dreaming
(No you are not)
I wake and I find you
(I am here)
Asleep in the deep of
(I reside in the deep of)
My heart
(Your heart)
Dear
(Oh yes my dear)

Darling I hope that my dream
(Darling I hope that your dream)
Never haunted you
(Always haunted me)
My heart is telling you
(Your heart is telling me)
How much I wanted you
(How much you wanted me)
Gloomy Sunday
(Gloomy everyday)

*A year later, the lines in parentheses would be found buried along a corpse. They are isolated poems and never a part of a duet at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment